Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Downed by Flu Shot, Again

What a bummer. I got knocked out again after 3 weeks of normalcy. This time by the flu shot.

I stopped taking the flu shot after I was knocked out by it for 2 weeks in 2015. Then I got sick with flu twice in 2017-2018 season, so I resumed getting the shot. And I didn't get knocked out by the shot for the last two years. I have no idea why I got knocked out again this year. Maybe the shot is different from year to year in its potency to foment low grade inflammation. Maybe I was weakened this year from no traveling and less activity. It could be a million things. 

The thing is that I didn't really need the shot this year. People are social-distancing for coronavirus, that the flu will be suppressed as well and the "twindemic" that the medical community is worried about is not  likely to materialize. But I figure I'd be a good citizen and get the shot anyway. It just didn't occur to me that I'd get knocked out again.

The upshot was that I was reduced to not being unable to take care of the cat in the morning. And I found myself swearing obscenities in the grocery parking lot for having to go back to the car  because I forgot the mask. Bad ol' days were here again. Naproxen has brought some relief a few hours at a time though, and I've been able to sit up. I didn't try NSAID when I was knocked out in 2015, so I can't tell whether or not NSAID now works because my CFS has improved.

Thankfully, it was over after 5 days. I was afraid it would stretch out for 2 weeks like in 2015. I went to 2 km walk yesterday and I'm recuperating comfortably with the aid of Naproxen and a half caplet of Bronkaid.  Back to the regularly scheduled programing of walking, working and doing house chores in 3-day cycle, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment