Monday, February 17, 2020

Novelty Effect, All Gone

I'm not getting the post-exercise high anymore. For the last 2 skiings, I went straight into funk and dizziness without the dopamine high the next day. Skiing #10, half blue and half green, resulted in 3 days of struggle out of 4. Skiing #11, an exact replica of  #1, was mostly green and I still ended up with one bad day. It's as if my exercise tolerance to skiing has been lowered along with the fading novelty effect.

I'll have to lay off skiing for a while and go back to walking and biking. Switching to different exercises for a while may bring back the novelty effect. Like the 2 mile walk on 2/1 that was surprisingly refreshing and pleasant. Maybe rotating to different exercises a month at a time is the answer.

I finally got a new pair of skis just as the novelty effect from skiing faded away.  OutdoorXL in the Netherlands had Head Kore 93, the Ski Mag's top choice, in my size and on sale. Paired with Atomic MNC 13 bindings, it should be a keeper for the rest of my life. UPS trashed it though and half of the bindings went missing during the transportation. They are sending me a new one. I'll test-drive it after a new storm hits the mountain. That'll be at least 2 weeks away as the Norcal is now in a dry pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment