Monday, February 3, 2020

No Soft-landing

The temperature reached 70F on Saturday.  I had to take the advantage of the warm weather. I finally gathered my wits in the afternoon after wallowing in fatigue since the skiing #9 and went out for a 2 mile walk. I haven't done long walk for a while and it felt good. The novelty effect must've kicked in.

So, it turned out to be 3.5 day struggle. No soft landing, in other words. Dopamine didn't kick in either. Instead, I got so dizzy the day after, I almost fell over the coffee table. I went straight into PEM without the dopamine kick. The post exercise high has been steadily going down with each skiing and there is none now.

Spending several days out of a week wallowing in fatigue and ache is getting too disruptive. It's like I'm back in the old days of CFS. I have a life to live, I'll have to cut down on skiing. So no more weekly skiing. I'll give it a rest for another week, and then retry skiing #6 and 7 one more time to reproduce soft landing. Then it will be bi-weekly skiing at the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment