Sunday, October 28, 2018

End of Yet Another False Recovery

A week long trip to Oregon. the ordeal of 15 mile ride circling the river. 3 mile hike to Nevada Fall in Yosemite. 4 days of sudden wakefulness.  I sure enjoyed while it lasted. Now another false recovery has come to an apparent end along with the summer.

I rode to the Yacht Club to test out the theory that 2x100m run that preceded the last ride was responsible for the CFS flareup the last time. I wallowed in a post-exertional flare-up for 3 days afterwards even without the preceding run this time. So, the 2x100m run may not be the real culprit.  Rather, it could be that the novelty of bike riding has dissipated, and the summer of false recovery is now over. And to think that I might be able to dabble into skiing this winter, LOL.


Getting knocked out of commission for a day after an exercise is bad enough. Paying for one day of freedom with 3 days in jail is just not a viable trade at all. I'll have to go back to being a good boy for now and stick to walking to the café like I used to in the spring. I may be able to ride to another café 2 miles away too. But I don't need to take chance with long rides or runs. There just isn't a need enough to risk bad flareups.

The false recovery will come back. Maybe in November, like it did briefly in 2016. Or maybe in the next summer. I have a feeling that they will get more frequent and longer, eventually leading to the real recovery. I'll just need to lay low when it is gone and abide my time till it comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment