Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Wakefulness Not Replicated

Yesterday, I was still a bit tired from the 2x100m run 2 days before. But I wanted to replicate the wakefulness after the morning ride, so I swallowed another Bronkaid and traced the same route to Miller Park and then to Sacramento Yacht Club.

Miller Park
I could feel my legs being substantially stronger than the last time. I was able to easily get up from the seat to pedal across one intersection. And the whole trip, despite a bit more fatigued at the beginning, was easier than the last time. I didn't crap out all afternoon afterward either; a bed rest of 30 minutes, and I was sitting up. It may be the result of 2x100m run.

The 3 days of wakefulness, however, was not replicated. I slept 9 hours last night and I still wasn't as awake as I was the first time. Then fatigue rolled in this afternoon and I spent most of the afternoon lying down.

It could be that the novelty effect disappeared on the second ride. Or it could be that I was on Bronkaid for 2 days in a row, and therefore less ephedrine kick. Or it could've be the solar sunspot. There could be millions of reasons. At the end though, it's likely that the wakefulness just happened for no reason at all, just like in 2016, and therefore cannot be replicated. After all, why did I decide to go for a morning ride out of the blue on that day? Probably because I was amped up already.

Still, it's quite possible that the outcome was different on the second ride because I'm still under the weather from the 2x100m run 2 days before. Even though that did not make me sick, I should give the morning ride another try when I'm rested and see if that makes any difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment