Wednesday, May 3, 2023

April Struggle

 Since Apr 3, I've been crapping out in the afternoon, practically every day. 21 days out of 30, to be precise. In March from 3/3 to 4/2, on the other hand, I was knocked out only in 10 afternoons.  I've been struggling twice more often in April than March. If I compare it to the period from 3/7 (when I recovered from skiing in Heavenly on 3/2) to 4/2, it is 3 times the struggle. 

So, I went over the data going back to 2018 to see if this has been the pattern. In 2018, there had been quite a bit more of red days from late April to Early May. In 2019, it was the first half of April. In 2020 though, the pattern wasn't as discernible. I think that could be because I skied hard at Sugar Bowl, and I was crapping out starting in January/February. Then the struggle continued into March/April pollen season. Still, there were more of red day in Mar/Apr than there were in Jan/Feb.  Then, in 2021, it was red all over in March.  

2022 was again inconclusive. The Electric Hobo Season 1 was concluded in November 2021 and then the Season 2 started in April of 2022. That may have overpowered the effect of pollens in 2022. The Season 3 could have started in April this year also, if the car weren't in the shop. It's been almost a month since it went in, and they are still waiting for the parts. It'll be 2 more weeks before I get it back.

So, yeah, there appears to be a pattern: I do worse in March/April/May compared to January/February/March. That coincides with the pollen allergy season. The pollen this year is particularly bad, thanks to so much Winter/Spring rain. That could explain why the MECFS struggle this season has been more pronounced.


No comments:

Post a Comment