Thursday, December 22, 2016

Post-Trip Struggle

It's been over three weeks since I returned from the week-long trip to Socal and I am still struggling and yet to return to the pre-trip condition. Here is the graph of the 7 day rolling sum of steps taken before, during and after the trip:

The number of steps after the trip is substantially below the numbers before the trip. To make it worse, I've been more susceptible to post-exertional sickness: I got sick twice since I returned from the trip. They were both triggered by activities tolerated before the trip:



This is similar to the condition I was in prior to the improvement in June. So, basically I gave up most of the improvement which has been fading and then reappearing periodically since. This certainly makes me rethink about the upcoming cross-country trip that I've been planning. If I don't give it up, I will certainly will have to moderate it more than I was planning.

On the next post,  I'll compare this post-trip struggle with the previous ones and talk about the theories for the post-trip struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment