Monday, October 2, 2017

Paris, Day 3

I'm still struggling with the jet lag. I swallowed a Benadryl to help sleep and my CFS worsened yesterday. It was like good old days: weakness, ache and draining fatigue returned in full force and I had to frequently sit down while out, and lie down while in. Too bad it didn't help much with the jet lag itself. Jet lag will take a finite amount of time no matter what, just like the post-exertional sickness, and the sleeping pill only makes it easier to endure by letting you sleep during that period. It doesn't shorten the jet lag.

The trip itself I handled very well. We checked out of Union Hotel at 11:30, hung out in SF till 4 PM and then I fetched the car to load up our stuff. I then returned the car to the garage and we took BART to the airport. The red eye flight wasn't till 10:30, so we hung out some more in the airport. I spent most of 16 hours flight drifting in and out of sleep. I didn't get up at all except once to go to the bathroom. We arrived at our rental home at 10:30 and I slept fine to make up for the deficit. This was about the best handling of long flight ever, before or after CFS.


No comments:

Post a Comment