Saturday, October 28, 2017

Post-trip Struggle in Paris, Over

We went to Louvre yesterday evening, after doing the Rodin Museum the day before. And today I'm still up and writing this blog after registering 10,000 steps, two days in a row. I only have a happy post-exercise fatigue for now, though I may crash in the evening when the 24 hour probation of post-exertional sickness is up.


This week has been fairly trouble-free even though my activity is up -- I already registered 48,000 steps and I still have one more day to go. As such, I'm declaring the post-trip struggle in Paris over. That makes it the struggle of 3 weeks, about same as the one in NYC or maybe a little shorter.

By now, there is no doubt that the elevation effect of traveling and ensuing post-trip struggles are real. I know that not only from the repeated observation, but because I predicted the effect before this trip started and the trip proved it correct. That makes it more than anecdotal. What I still don't know is whether the exercise tolerance threshold after the post-trip struggle is higher than the pre-trip one. For now, the trips doesn't seem to have lowered the tolerance, as I have feared before I started out on this experiment. So, I can at least continue with this "travel treatment" and see if I can eventually cure myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment