Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Skiing #4

The chain control gradually moved up west, and it was at Kingvale by 8AM. I figured all should be clear by the time I get there around 10AM. What I didn't count on was the residual traffic. The chain control apparently created a congestion and it still persisted well after the control was removed. I should've known better: once the traffic congestion forms, it takes a while to unwind. I spent years building Internet routers and know all about congestion. The congestion from Cisco to Soda Springs added 30 minutes to the travel time.

I stuck to the 2x8 plan this time. It would've been a downright boring day if it weren't for a couple of falls and going up the black runs twice. It again snowed and the slopes were slow, so I went up the black one once in each session. The falls had nothing to do with that though. I went off the piste into deep snow on the blue slope and got buried. One ski got buried deep and nowhere to be found. I had to dig around for a while to locate it. 

I'm again not sleeping well after skiing. For 2 nights afterward, I only could sleep for 6 hours fitfully. No PEM and not much of post-exercise fatigue either.  After resting one day, I've been up and running errands everyday. Reducing the amount to 2x8 apparently worked, so I shall stick to it from now on. Till I get tempted by the black slope again, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment