Monday, October 25, 2021

Grand Canyon

Jesus, it was a struggle. I was cramping all over last night and this morning, but I went on to hiking Kaibab Trail to Skeleton Point anyway. I still was cramping on the trail and even going down was a struggle. Coming back up, I had to take multiple breaks. The cold is still lingering and I'm definitely weaker. To be fair, 2400 ft over 6 miles is a strenuous hike. But it's not quite 3000 ft over 10 miles and I've done them without that much struggle. To make matters worse, I don't have appetite. I didn't finish my lunch pack of rice/chicken salad. Yet I still wasn't hungry when I got back. All I could manage was ramen soup. I poured the left-over lunch in the soup and made a meal out of it. And it just hit the spot and I'm feeling whole lot better now. Chicken soup to feed the cold. Whoever thought of it deserves pat on the back.


It's getting pretty cold and windy tonight. The forecast calls for rainy 29F tonight, and 19F tomorrow night. I didn't turn on the electric blanket last night; I think I will tonight.  

Not sure if I'll do Bright Angels Trail on Wed. If my cold doesn't improve by tomorrow, I'll have to skip and head home. The temperature is dropping everywhere and days are now too short to do much anyway. I guess there is a reason why people don't travel in the winter. Luckily I am camped next to a cell tower. I'm getting good signal to do the Internet in long dark nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment