Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Back out of CFS

 I have stabilized a few weeks ago and now I can do 4 x 1 block jogging without triggering PEM. I can walk 3 miles at 100 steps per min, nonstop, too. Then, 2 weeks ago, I hiked Hunter Creek Trail for about 6 miles, almost nonstop in less than 3 hours. 

The exercise limit still exists though. I struggle all day with shitty fatigue and ache if I do 2x8 pushup the night before. Or walk 6 blocks at 104 steps per min. But the PEM is shorter and fewer in between while I can walk further and faster. So, I'm now classifying myself as "substantially recovered".

I moved to Reno and that may have created a Novelty Effect. Or, my dopamine system could've been exhausted after the trip and now recovered. I have  no idea, but time will tell. If I slip back in a few weeks, the bounce-back must be a temporary Novelty Effect from the move. If I continue to stay substantially recovered, the temporary relapse must've been from the dopamine exhaustion.


No comments:

Post a Comment