Saturday, November 12, 2022

Post-Flu Shot Struggle

The COVID-induced social distancing kept flu at its bay for 2 years. Now that people are out roaming freely, the flu is back, and the season is turning out to be a bad one. Flu activity is extraordinarily high. They are calling it a triple pandemic of COVID, flu and RSV. I'll be active this winter, thanks to my Epic ski pass. It's likely that flu and I will cross the path at some point, so I figured a flu shot would be a good investment. I walked a mile to Safeway pharmacy and got one for $33 on 11/5.

The next day, I keeled over. I bounced back the day after and went for 4x1 block jogging. I keeled over again the next day. 4 days later, another jogging and another crash. I was able to do 4x1 jogging prior to the flu shot. It seems that the flu shot lowered my exercise tolerance and I'm now crashing regularly. I'll have to hunker down for the next 2 weeks till the storm blows over.




No comments:

Post a Comment