Thursday, November 17, 2022

Kirkwood Aftermath

The day after skiing,  I was up and functional. I was tired, but it was a normal post-exercise fatigue.  On the second day, however, I keeled over and struggled. It was the first skiing of the season and the Novelty Effect there should've protected me from post-exertional sickness. I blame it on the flu shot that I got on 11/5. I was already struggling with the effect of flu shot before I went up the mountain -- I was keeling over after 4 x 1 block jogging that I was able to handle prior to the shot. I figured I might be able to overcome it with Novelty Effect from getting on the slope for the first time in the season. I obviously didn't. 

The effect of flu shot should last no more than 2 weeks and I should be out of the woods in a few days. So, the next time I should be able to stay out of post-exertional sickness. If I do, then I'll conclude that the flu was the culprit. If I don't, then it could be that the Novelty Effect is not as strong this year, after 4 seasons of skiing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment