Wednesday, January 11, 2023

House-arrested by Bad Weather

It's been raining for 3 weeks in a row. That meant too much of a good thing in the mountains: the snow piles up well over 10 feet and it's been few and far in between clear roads free of chain control. I rented a car and attempted to go up last week, only to be turned around by chain control at near Kyburz, 30 miles before reaching the ski resort.

And that meant I've been house bound, save the failed attempt to get to Heavenly. The occasional walk or jogging ended in the struggle the next day. My exercise tolerance has been shrinking just like it did in 2020 when I was house-arrested by Coronavirus and wildfire.

The storm train is lined up in the Pacific and the rain will continue at least for another week. I'll have to figure out a way to escape. There is a brief break tomorrow. The road may be open on Friday morning, and I might be able to make my dash for it. Cross fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment