Monday, January 30, 2023

Utah Dreaming

My Epic Tahoe Pass allows me to ski in Utah and Colorado for the total of 5 days. I've been watching the weather so that I can get to Utah: I need 5-day window in weather to get to Park City, ski for 2 alternating days and then come back. It is clear this week for 4 days, from Monday to Thursday. Then there is a slight chance of snow on Friday. So, I've been thinking that I could go and then come back on Saturday. I'd sleep at Tesla station in Salt Lake City on Tuesday, ski Park City on Wednesday, rest on Thursday in a motel, ski Friday and then drive back to Winnemucca on Friday night. I would then drive over Donner Pass on Saturday morning on route back home. The thought of driving to Salt Lake City and sleeping in my car there got me all aroused and my fatigue lifted. I was struggling a bit from reinstalling the inverter yesterday morning. 

Then, I decided not to take a chance. The road still could be slippery on Saturday morning, and I didn't want to incur another repair bill. So I gave up on the trip. The fatigue came back, and I was knocked out for a few hours after lunch. 

I'll have to get back on the road. Skiing Tahoe is swell, but the novelty is gone and I'm struggling 4 days after skiing. I should turn myself into a ski bum and travel from resort to resort all winter long rather than making day trips from home. But I can't do that in my slippery Tesla. I'll have to procure an AWD and turn it into a camper. Maybe next year if they come up with a truck or SUV for $30 after the subsidy. If not, I'll get a cheap a used AWD for $10k and retrofit it. I'll then hopping from resort to resort all over the West. Vail, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment