Thursday, January 18, 2024

Ski #3 and Aftermath (Nicotine Patch Doesn't Work)

After the ski #2, I crashed on the 3rd day. I did 2x8 pushups the night before and then I slapped on the nicotine patch on the top of the old one by mistake in the morning. So, the plan to stay on the patch didn't get executed. 




The mountains got another foot of snow, and I went back up on 1/12. Most of the lift were open this time. Castle run, which I remembered as Rook instead, was open too. It was great at the top, but then you have to paddle to get to the second half of the run. So I went up there only a couple of times. West Bowl Express was open too, but I didn't make it there. I got lost on the way there in the afternoon and ended up at Nob Hill instead.  I'm going back next week for #4 and I'm sure I'm make it to West Bowl Express then.

I stayed on the nicotine patch this time for 4 days. I still crashed on the second day. It wasn't bad, but it still was a crash: I ended up spending 5 hours lying down during the day.  So, I'm coming to the conclusion that nicotine patches don't help preventing crash. I'll stay off nicotine the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment