Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Ski #4 (No More Nicotine Patches)

The weather hasn't cooperated for 2 weeks. I had a small window on 1/25 - 1/26, so I went up on 1/25. The slopes were crusty. It didn't snow as much as I hoped for and it has been warm. It probably has been melting in the afternoon, only to freeze in the morning. I went to East About, a narrow and steep run and instantly regretted. The skis picked up speed quickly and I couldn't make turns quickly enough. I'll have to wait till we get a better snow to go back there.

The rest of the day wasn't bad. I spent most of time on Castle and Lower Dynamite off Grand View Express. I was having so much fun, in fact, I ended up skiing over 5 hours. I had to rest after about 1.5 hours because of the ordeal getting out of East Run. Then I spent another hour before taking the lunch break. I went to the West Bowl in the afternoon, but the black runs were closed. I came back to Grand View, spent more time and then I was ready to go home.

My skiing is progressing nicely. I did what I wanted to do this time: stay straight and fall into the fall line. Looking at the video, though, I'm still not straight enough. I'll have to correct that the next time.



I didn't use nicotine patch at all this time. The post-exercise recovery progressed fine for 3 days, and then I crashed on the 4th day. It might have been triggered by watching the NFC championship game with emotional ups and downs. SF won, but I was feeling crappy through the evening. I'll repeat the same thing the next time -- no exercise for 4 days other than 4 block walking -- and see I'll get away with not crashing. In any case, not using the nicotine didn't make it any worse, so that will be the end of nicotine patch.  I could use it recreationally every once in a while, but it no longer has any effect. I'll use up whatever I have left and that will be that.


No comments:

Post a Comment