Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Improvement, Graphed

I talked about my recent sudden improvement. Here is the graph of weekly number of steps, taken with Fitbit and graphed with R. The second one is zoomed version from June to August.

It shows almost two fold increase in late June. Then, in early July, it dips. That is the week that I walked faster to see if speed also improved. Obviously it did not. It jumps back after the recovery from it. The improvement then fades in the 3rd week of July and the amount of activities steadily declines. This period includes the post-exertional sickness of 4 days after walking 3 miles on 7/23.  It then comes back up after the 2nd week of August.

More important than the increased activity is the number of times I got sick. This is how it used to look and how it looks now:


Basically, I've gotten sick only once since June 13. That is an incredible change given that I used to get sick at least once a week as shown in red in the daily log on the left. The improvement not only brought ability to walk more, it also raised the tolerance to exertion, that I'm no longer hitting the ceiling, as long as I keep my walking speed in check.

To sum it up, the distance has increased almost twofold in June for some reason. But I still can't walk more than 2.5 miles, even at a slow speed with 3 breaks, and there is no discernible improvement in the walking speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment