Friday, September 23, 2016

Dopamine Supplement Doesn't Work

I mentioned about being able to walk further when in a new environment or routine. I figured it could be a dopamine effect, so I tried a dopamine supplement to see if I could get the effect without changing my environment. Well, it didn't work. I tried it for a month and there hasn't been any improvement. Here is the graph:
August 21 is the date I started taking 2 dopa pills. As you can see, the 7 day rolling sum of the number of steps taken actually decreased.  Part of it got to do with getting sick after experimenting with squats, etc. But you'd expect the CFS threshold is raised with dopamine and therefore I should get sicker less often. Apparently it didn't. This, of course, is only a month worth of data with one patient, so I can't draw any conclusion. But it certainly doesn't give me any reason to experiment further with it.

The dopamine supplement, by the way, was DOPA Mucuna from Amazon.

This doesn't necessarily invalidate the dopamine theory. It only means that the dopaminergic supplement didn't work for me. Motivation and excitement may still work. My next plan? Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment