Saturday, August 5, 2017

Waltham, MA

The trip along the RI coastline costed me 11,000 steps and I was back to my normal CFS self today. That plus the lingering cold. Still, it's an amazing feat not to be bed-bound with all those maladies. I definitely recovered from NYC lull since we started out on the return journey.

I sure would've liked to have rested one day in Wickford but the price at Extended Stay shot up for the weekend. So we packed up and headed to Cape Cod as planned.  The first stop was Tesla Supercharger at Sagamore at the mouth of Cape Cod. I plugged car in, ordered food at Dunkin Dounut, stopped at the bathroom, and the car was all charged up. Super fast for some reason. Same thing repeated in Dedham. The charging speed must went up since the last update. Or it could be a coincidence.

From Sagamore, we followed the RD drive #99. We skept several between Sandwich and Dennis. It was already past 1 PM and we still had a long way to go.

I'm glad we didn't skip Orleans though. We arrived during the low tide and the water at Rock Harbor was way out over the horizon. The tidal pools and sand stretched out as far as eye can see. I couldn't walk all the way out of course, but I managed to take some spectacular pictures.



From there we went up as far as Wellfeet before turning around. By the time we got to Waltham Extended Stay, it was past 9PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment