Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Groton, CT

It's filthy as hell, but it's big and has a long picture window looking out to greenery. Decent continental breakfast too.  All for $42. It has kitchenette, compete with everything except for a cooktop, so we'll cook for lunch and dinner today. Good thing we are carrying a portable stove.

We are stuck here in Econo Lodge for a couple of days. I contracted a cold while moving out of NYC and it has already moved from my nose half way down to my throat. I'll have to rest and stop the progression. Else it'll move to my lung and I'll be coughing for 2 months. And I left Bronchaid at home -- I wasn't counting on getting sick.

We left NYC on 7/31. We drove north after charging the car in Tarrytown, along the Hudson river following the Reader's Digest drive #99 to Beacon. Then we drove East to Hartford. It was getting late by the time we left Kent, so we just drove through Litchfield and other towns without stopping.  I would've liked to stop and take pics in those picturesque New England towns. I was going to go as far as Warwick following the RD drive #101 along the RI coastline, but it was after 8PM by the time we were done with the dinner and charging the car. So slept in Holiday Inn in East Hartford, a 3.5 star hotel which was about 2 stars in reality. The next day we drove here to rest and get ready to tackle RI coastline and Cape Cod.




I felt fine yesterday despite the beginning of cold and after registering 12,000 steps while moving. Today, I'm sickly. Not sure if it is the effect of moving out after 48 hour delay, or the cold. It's hard to tell when you are constantly sickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment