Saturday, October 20, 2018

Freedom

The wife had a business in SF on Thursday and I had to chauffer.  I didn't mind; October is always a good month to visit SF. Fog-less and warm enough for a t-shirt, it certainly was a good day in SF.

Her business in Pacific Height and then our lunch in Laurel Height taken care of, we left the car in Castro as usual and she went to see her friends. I got off F tram at Powell and went for a meandering walk all over SOMA, my old neighborhood during my years of constantly wallowing in CFS stupor.  I probably logged good 2 miles when I got to the Ferry building. I rested on the upper deck of the ferry terminal for 30 minutes munching on Acme bread and Pepsi. I could've taken Muni back to Castro then. Instead, I walked on. I walked till 2nd Street and was resting in Starbucks there when I got the text from my wife that she was coming back. So I hopped on F that just happened to be there and came back to Castro.

That's what freedom looks like.

The day ended with 14,000 steps. Between lying on couch and napping in bed, I was pretty much useless yesterday, though in the evening I managed to walk to a store for lotto tickets for $1 billion prize and then drive around looking for cheap breakfast cereals. It was a post-exercise fatigue, not a struggle or sickness. A happy fatigue.

1 comment: