Thursday, October 18, 2018

Speed, Still the Killer

I struggled for another 2 days with CFS flareup. On Tuesday, I didn't step out of the house at all. Wednesday, I managed to crawl out for a walk -- I had to, being cooped up for more than a day with CFS flareup always makes me feel effing bad.

2-Day Crash. 5 or below in the second to the last column means bad day

It's possible that the bike ride caused the crash. It was the second time on the same route and the novelty effect has faded. But I'm pretty sure that the effect of 2x200m run that weakened me for 4 days and the bike ride on the top of it that did me in. I'll test it by repeating the same bike ride next week.


Back in 2009-2010, 2 sets of 8 curls with 12.5 lbs dumbbell were enough to make me sick. Someone on the Phoenix Rising site suggested to cut it down to 4 reps and that worked like a magic. Then in 2011, I noticed that walking the same distance just a bit faster made me sick. That's when I started pacing with a metronome and I've been limiting my walking speed to 90/sec. I learned since then that it's the sustained speed/intensity that keels me over, time and time again.

Reducing 2x100m to 2x20m may fix the problem. But I don't need to run; for now I'm content with slow walk/ride for a distance. I just need enjoy my freedom that such walk/ride brings. I'll give the run another try eventually, maybe in the winter when it is too wet to walk or ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment