Thursday, December 19, 2019

Skiing #3

I don't know what it is about excitement. I was pretty fatigued out from hauling the 15 lbs laundry the day before, on top of the aftermath from the skiing the intermediate runs 11 times a week before. I was dragging myself all the way to the parking lot of Village condola. Then the sight of the slopes perked me up and I was no longer dragging around. I was ready to charge up the mountain.

Last time I was perked up at the sight of white capped mountains while still on the freeway. So the novelty may be slowly wearing out.

So I went on to ski on Monday as planned despite the hangover. This time I reined on in my enthusiasm a little better and stuck mostly with the bunny slopes, except for 2 runs on intermediate ones, for the total of 8 Nob Hill + 2 Christmas Tree + 4 Nob Hill. This time I didn't suffer from the aftermath. For 2 days, I was up and running and then settled back to the steady state. A soft landing without funk or crap-out. I think I have found my base that I can return for safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment