Saturday, December 21, 2019

Skiing #4

Yeah, the novelty is wearing out, once again. This time I was dragging till I got on the lift. Maybe the detour to Judah lot deflated me. The Village gondola went kaput while I was on the line and I had to drive to Judah side on my boots, and then walk a quarter mile to the lift. I was grumpy enough to be swearing. Not to mention that it took a lot out of me even before the skiing began. But all was well once I got on the Judah lift and took in the view of the white hills, with cold air on my face.

It was Gerome that I was supposed be on; Judah is blue/black lift. So, right off the bat, my plan for repeating the last week was out the window. I did get a kick out of it though. It was a much more interesting blue run than Christmas Tree and a sign of things to come for the day. I went on Gerome a few times and then moved to Village side to do Nob Hill.

After Judah, Nob Hill couldn't hold me in. I did a few runs on it and then I went on Disney Express. But I still managed to reminded me of the aftermath a week before and took the second break right after that. I realized I was getting out of control and I decided to cut short and go back home via Judah after the break.

Christmas Tree was the way back to Judah. But the lift was closed and the dufus employee at Nob Hill told me I had to walk back. A mile on my boots? I was furious.  He then consulted map and said I could get back via Mt. Lincoln.

All good except that Mt. Lincoln was an advanced lift. But I had no choice but  to get on it. I actually got excited at the prospect of skiing down Mt. Lincoln after so many years. It was a long slope, just like I used ski. I get excited just thinking about it the day after.

I squeezed one more run on Gerome and then came back home.



So I hit 5 different lifts: Judah, Gerome, Nob Hill, Disney Express and Lincoln. It's as if I'm back to normal. Will I kneel over for a week the day after tomorrow when this post-exercise high wears out? We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment