Thursday, January 23, 2020

Moguls, Finally


The old pair of beginner's skis finally met its limit. It flexes so much, I couldn't tackle the moguls well. And controlling them over crusty surface was practically impossible because they are so narrow. I'll have to get a new pair as soon as the price for Vockle Mantra M5 drops.

Skiing #8 was the hardest one so far. I spent most of time on blue and black slopes. I finally went on the face of Disney Express too. It wasn't fun though. I managed the mogully top portion alright, but the lower steep portion was too crusty. I struggled to make turns and my legs turned into jelly by the time I got down. I rated this one at 9 on my 1 to 9 activity rating scale, for the first time in 12 years. In reality though, it still is only about half as what I used to be able to do. It was still 10-to-2 skiing with 2 long rests after all.

Today I have a post-exercise fatigue and am resting comfortably. It is a sleepy kind, not the heavy and sickly kind of CFS. Maybe I'll be high on dopamine for another day and the bottom will fall out on by Saturday. Then I'll go back on the slope next Monday for an easy skiing. If that rescues me from the prolonged crash, I'll have a measure of confidence that an exciting and yet easy trip is a cure for crash.


No comments:

Post a Comment