Friday, January 17, 2020

Skiing #7 Saves the Aftermath of Skiing # 6

A good size of storm was brewing and I wanted to squeeze in one more day of skiing before the week-long bad weather hits. But I woke up with fantastic fatigue and ache. This was only the 5th day after the hard skiing on 1/10 and I obviously was too optimistic. But my car was all charged up over night and my lunch was already packed. Besides, the idea of wallowing in fatigue and ache all day long at home wasn't too inviting and I figured I'd be better off on the road. So I went on. I did perk up, but the nagging fatigue persisted throughout the day. I skied mostly green and blue slopes and came home shortly after lunch.

That may have saved me from the aftermath of skiing #6. I skied half green and half blue on 1/2 (skiing #5) and I survived it without too much drama. So I skied even harder on 1/10 ; I actually went on a black run. Donald Duck off Disney Express is not mogully, but still pretty steep and long. By the time I was half way down, my heart rate was at 3 bits per second. I was on a dopamine high for the next 2 days afterward and then the bottom fell out. The struggle could've lasted for another week. Instead, I'm up and running, 2 days after skiing #7. I hope to ease into the valley of steady state in coming days. 

Is this a case of re-take-off and then soft-landing to cure the crash-landing? Who knows. 

The peaks are now approaching the normal height. All that remains is moguls. And 9-to-3 skiing instead of 10-to-2.  But valleys remain depressed as ever: I still struggle in between the days of skiing. And I still have no idea who to raise the valley floor. I only can hope that the rising peaks will eventually lead to the rising valley floors.






No comments:

Post a Comment