Friday, March 5, 2021

Skip Skiing #7, For Now

 I was all set to hit the hills on yesterday; I bounced back on Wednesday after struggling for 3 days and the car was fully charged up for the trip.  Then it dawned on me that I was going downhill as the season progressed. On Tuesday night I was reduced to beating my thighs with my palm to relieve the ache and remembered that I used to do that with a spatula in 2010. I was struggling and yet I was blaming random things, like not resting enough before and after the trip, for the struggle when the skiing itself is the mostly likely culprit.

How strange that you remember things while you sleep. Things that you've forgotten in waking hours. Last season, I felt fully recovered from CFS after skiing for a month. Then I was trying to replicate that feeling of recovery while my condition progressively got worse, eventually ending up with PEM struggle of 5 months. And here I was doing the same thing.

I may give #7 another try next week. I should be rested enough after a break of 2 weeks.  If it results in another struggle, then I'll pack up and call it a season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment