Saturday, May 1, 2021

Covid Vaccine, 2nd Dose

In 2010, I was standing in the post office in SF, on Sutter Street near Union Square I think, trying to mail a package of what was remaining after getting rid of everything, to my sister's house before leaving for Korea. I was so sick then that I wanted to drop everything and lie down on the floor right there. I have no idea how I survived such sickness for so long then. The severe sickness lasted till 2012 when I was back to SF. I remember telling my then fiance that "I could live with this" when one day I was finally out of a long bout of the semi-delirium.

The after-effect of the second covid shot brought back that memory. It not only brought fatigue and ache as the first shot did, it also accompanied the fever. And the fever brought on extreme weakness and dizziness that resulted in that semi-delirious feel of the early days in my CFS career. I've been describing the severe case of CFS as "feverless feverishness" and I've been right all along.

It only lasted 1.5 day though. And Naproxen brought a relief like a magic. 

How nice would it be if you could take a pill to get a relief from CFS just like that. Naproxen doesn't help because CFS sickness is not caused by acute inflammation. It is brought on by tiny bit of inflammatory signal from minor exertion that puts your brain on fire and into full blown sickness mode. Dopamine that works as fire retardant on your brain does help though. That's why novelty or mild stress that stimulates dopamine helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment