Friday, August 13, 2021

Day Off in Montrose

 I could've gone to Ouray. I woke up with some fatigue and ache, but they quickly dissipated after the cup of coffee. Sure, I didn't do much yesterday in terms of distance -- probably about 5 or 6 miles if you add up all vista points to Warner Route. Considering that the top third of Warner Route that I did was about 1000 feet of steep climbing, the recovery is still remarkable. I'm now in a better shape than average healthy people. And that is a remarkable turnaround in a month. In Rush Creek trail, I couldn't do 2 miles. Now, 5-6 miles including a steep climb is "not much".

I'm taking the day off anyway. It's good to pace even for healthy people. The pacing, of course, means different things now. It now means hiking 5+ miles for 2 days in a row and then taking a day off. Before it meant keeping my walking speed to 90 steps/min and taking break every half a mile in a 2 mile walk. 

It's a quite a pleasant morning here. I went into the park for the morning business and then took a short walk around the Rim Trail. It's as if the park is my backyard. Live in a tent, have an NP as your backyard. What's not to like? But it'll be getting to 90F in the afternoon.  I'll finish photos and blogs offline while it's still cool and then perhaps go into the town of Montrose, find an ACed cafe and upload.


No comments:

Post a Comment