Friday, August 6, 2021

The Colorado Plan

 Blue Mountain has been my home for the past 7 days. It's been so pleasant I could stay here forever. Today has been particularly breezy and pleasant. I've been alternating between sitting under the shade and writing up blogs, and taking naps. When the shade moved over the car, I fixed up my 12V line once and for all, for the last time I hope. I think it is now solid enough not to give me any more trouble. Cross the fingers.

But it's time to move on. I'll have to go to either Grand Junction or Denver to restock and fix up the car. If I can find Korean grocery in GJ, Denver can wait; I can duct-tape the unhinged window and hold up the lift gate with hiking pole. The lift gate no longer holds up when opened. The hydraulic cylinder is caked with the red clay powder of Escalante and the powder must've clogged up the hydraulic mechanism.

I'll pack up tomorrow morning and then sleep in the car by Colorado River tomorrow night after hiking Arches National. It's hot down there. Mary, the gal I met on Park Avenue trail yesterday, said so. But it's only for one night and I can sleep with AC on. The morning after I'll drive to GJ and stay in hotel for 2 nights. There are Walmart and Asian grocery store there, so I could restock and plan out the rest of the trip. If no Korean grocery, I'll drive to Denver, have the car fixed and restock there instead.

I'm getting a bit wistful about leaving here. I hope the cows will remember me.

No comments:

Post a Comment