Saturday, December 3, 2022

15-mile Bike Ride

The 2-week probation period after the flu shot on 11/5 was over two weeks ago. On 11/30, I figured I'd be fine with bike riding, so I went on a ride intending to go to Discovery Park. I was knocked out just a day before, after walking from Tesla station to Barns and Noble and spending an hour walking about at the bookstore, but that was probably because I walked after jogging the day before. Biking 5 miles after a day of rest should be fine.

As I often do, I went over. I felt great when I got to Discovery Park, so I decided to continue on. I ended up at the trail near REI, and then I continued till I came to an access to the river. I poked around the river for a while and then returned, for the total of over 15 miles. The next afternoon I got knocked out. But I was back on my feet in the evening. It was one of the shortest post-exertional sickness.

When I biked 14 miles to REI on 10/24, I was knocked out for 3 days. post-trip probation of 2 weeks starts one week after returning from the life on the road, and that bike ride was right in the middle of that probation period.  I got sickened again this time, but only for half a day. 

Overall, not bad. Especially given that it was right after getting knocked out from jogging and then visiting the bookstore. And it was at a decent clip: Nonstop to the river and 130 minutes in total including two breaks. I should give 15-mile ride another try after at least two non-sick days.

No comments:

Post a Comment