Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Improvement, Not Recovery

So, I did slow 2.4 miles with 3 breaks yesterday. Today, no post-exertional sickness. I'm tired, but that's mostly because I stayed up last night for Amazon Prime Day scavenging for an Android Wear activity tracker and chest strap HR monitor, as well as a new phone for the wife who keeps losing hers. Some prices were absolute bonkers and I'm happy to report that I scored a Huawei watch and Polar h7 at half the price. I bought several other stuff too, but I'm returning most of them -- the half prices can be addictive and you can end up wasting money on things that you don't really need.

All that sitting up after walking 2.4 miles and only 4 hours of sleep. And then running errands in the afternoon. Yet, I don't have that nagging need to lie down. That, more than anything else, is an improvement that I can actually feel.

I still have no idea why the sudden improvement after so long.  Some recovered patients attribute to various things that they did such as  exercise, diet change, drug treatment, psychological therapy, immune detox, etc. I don't think anything I've done made any difference. I've been walking because walking made me feel better and sleep better, but that did not make any difference to my limit; it has not budged for almost 8 years. Every time I tried to increase the distance or pace, I'd hit the wall and drop like a fly. And I'm still dropping like a fly if I increase the speed. As for the diet change to brown rice, there is no way of knowing if that made any difference till someone does a clinical trial. So, for now, I'll just have to assume that I'm improving only because it's about time to improve. And it's not a recovery yet. It won't be till I can pick up the pace and get over the speed bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment