Saturday, July 16, 2016

Polar H7 vs Fitbit Vs Huawei

The results are in. I took them out for a spin yesterday, and it's not a good news for activity trackers as expected. They are all reasonably accurate when you are at rest. When walking however, Fitbit over-clocked by more than 20 bps. Huawei watch, meanwhile, was pretty much dead. It was stuck at 60.  (Needless to say, I'm returning Huawei back to Amazon.)



















This goes to show you that, if you are CFS patients trying to pace yourself, you should get yourself a chest strap HR monitor and never rely on an activity tracker. (But we all knew that already, of course).

Fitbit could be still usable if it is consistent. I have no way of finding that out for now, since Polar H7 does not give me the access to its data.  I'll post it if I figure out a way to get at them and compare with Fitbit data.

Yesterday was my 8th anniversary of getting CFS, btw. So, happy anniversary to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment