Sunday, July 2, 2017

Price of Non-Sick Day

How much is it worth to avoid sickness? People swallow Tamiflu when they get a flu. It used to cost something like $200 per pill. Now that the patent has expired, it is about $100 per treatment that saves a day or two from flu sickness. Not losing a day of work could be worth substantially more if you are a billionaire.

The value of health is mostly subjective judgement though. For me, I'm spending substantial sum to experience NYC. And one day spent wallowing in sickness one less day of NYC experience. And who knows, I never get to come back here; it could be an irrecoverable loss. So, I'm coming to a realization that I should spend money to avoid sickness.

The kitchen floor is filthy as hell. The bathroom is a toilette, if you don't mind the pun. Our new dig was a student housing, and we all know how we used to live when in college. I was gonna scrub it to make it habitable, but I get sick if I do that. So I'm going to hire a maid to do it. Maid service seems substantially cheaper in NYC than SF for some reason. I should be able to get it done for about $100. And that will be the price of a non-sick day for me, a non-billionaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment