Saturday, July 1, 2017

Flatiron Plaza

NYC is dense and yet sparse. Streets are wider to begin with. And then there are parks and plazas everywhere, that you have more room to breathe. Flatiron plaza, and the adjoining Madison Square park is yet another example.

I took a detour to Flatiron plaza after an errand run to Adorama camera shop on Wednesday. Then I threw in another 1500 steps in the evening to Rite Aid for a good measure -- I cut my finger badly while doing the dish and I needed an antibiotic ointment. The outcome? Two days of wallowing in fatigue and weakness. It was another 9000 step day in total, and 9000 steps are now regularly causing sickness.

So, if there was any doubt that I'm back to my normal CFS self, this crash should put an end to it. It should improve a bit though. I usually get over-sensitive for a month or two after a trip and then the condition re-stabilizes. I should know, I have enough experience under my belt. The only problem is, we'll be here only for one more month. By the time my condition stabilize, it'll be time to leave NYC. And I'll have spent most of time wrestling with CFS. Let's hope that it'll take less this time since I've been more careful watching my speed.

(I keep saying "normal" as if CFS is normal condition. But it's been going on for so long -- it's my 10th year -- that it is indeed the normal state.)







No comments:

Post a Comment