Thursday, July 27, 2017

The End Is Near

Yes, our time in NYC is coming to an end. We'll pack up on Monday and get back on the road. I haven't finalized the itinerary yet. But we'll head north, probably toward Boston and Vermont. Then westward or continue north to Canada. Chicago and Yellow Stone is definite after that. The rest, we'll research as we go along.

For a while after the novelty faded, I felt homeless in NYC. Now that we are about to leave, NYC feels like home. It took about a month to get comfortable once the excitement was gone. And now coming back here for good is a possibility. We'll see. For now, we need to go back West and take care of some businesses.

I may get a job and make a living again when we get back to SF. Not that I need money, but I need to rebuild my life. My social connection was all but gone since I got sick.  And I need to work again to get re-rooted. If I can handle, that is. And if I can find a meaningful work, like solving CFS. I'm still manage only about 4 hours a day, but I might be able to push it if I cut down my daily walking. These are all ideas for now though. I'll decide when I get back to CA.

Meanwhile, photography has been sucking up a lot of my time. It's tough to get 2 hobbies going at the same time and my writing has been suffering as result. It's even tougher when you are up for only a few hours a day on average. Writing gets the priority, so I'll just have to cut down my time on photoing. I'll select just one picture a day, work on it, and upload to my collection. No more than 1 hour, and the rest goes to writing.

These are a few pics from the Bronx outing on 7/23. I took 2 train to Grand Concourse and then 5 train to Yankee Stadium. Then I stopped by Molino Rojo for a quick bite, walked back to Grand Concourse, took Bx12 bus to 149th Street.











No comments:

Post a Comment