Friday, February 8, 2019

Skiing #2

Soon after Colfax snow started to appear on the ground.  By the time I got to Kingvale, the walls on the sides of the road were 6 feet high and then turned into 10 feet in Soda Springs. The storm must've really dumped.

I woke up yesterday with ache from 2 x 50 m run I did three days before. It was the tail-end of a post-exertional malaise. But the lift ticket was already paid for, so I went on. And
my score this time: 5 bunny run; 2 x ( bunny + blue); 2 x (bunny + blue) + blue + 3 bunny run. 

It was about twice as much as I did the last time, and almost as much as I used to manage on the first day of the season when I was healthy. Yet I didn't cramp this time. And I stayed up all evening when I got back playing with the phone that arrived from a eBay dealer. Today I'm wallowing in a happy fatigue just as I should, unlike the last time when I was phlegmatic rather than wallowing. Don't know yet what coming days will bring. I think a funk will set it tomorrow when happy chemicals dissipate and then everything will be back to the routine after that. We'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment