Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Skiing Aftermath, #2

There was no bouncing up and down this time. The elevation lasted 4 days and I held up remarkably steady.  After a day of rest I was on my bike pedaling 2 x 1.5 miles fast enough to slightly run out of breath at the end. Another day of rest, and I took care of 20 lbs laundry without struggling.  It sure felt like a recovery. So much so that I was imagining hiking up Angel Island and biking 20 miles.

Then the struggling followed. Walking 4 blocks to Starbucks was enough to bring about a nasty ache and fatigue the next day.  The struggle lasted for 5 days.

I will back to skiing next week  if I can find another $30 deal. This time I'll stick to 3x5 bunny runs and see if I get the elevation without the ensuing struggle. The weather may not cooperate though. The "atmospheric river" has stopped running, but they are still forecasting snow next week. This has been quite a wet season and the snow bases were over 10 feet before this storm. It must've been a delight to skiers. Me, I'm just delighted to be back on the slope.






No comments:

Post a Comment