Friday, April 22, 2022

A Day Off at South Fork Camp


Rain and sleet last night. Then It's been raining off and on all day long. I had to bring the kitchen to inside the tent. I didn't bother to set up the table -- there was a picnic table and the bear locker at the site -- so all my stuff are strewn all over the floor. I now look like a bona fide homeless man. But I still have electrical power. It's a luxury to have power. I'm hurdled inside the tent, but I still can power my stove, electronics and electric blanket.

Speaking of electric blanket, it appears I wouldn't need it. The new sleeping bag is working out fine. At least at 30F. I had to wear thermal underwear and fleece though. I'll probably need the electric blanket, or all least a liner, if the temperature dips broke below 20 F. The bag is rated at 15F, but it really isn't as they usually aren't. For 3 seasons however I think I'll do just fine without the electric blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment