Sunday, June 4, 2017

Night Out in Hell's Kitchen

I stayed home and rested all day yesterday. By evening, I was getting too bored. So we took subway to the 50th station and walked to 9th Ave, despite my plan to rest all day. This is where Hell's Kitchen is famous for: lots of bars and restaurants. We walked around for a while and then settled in a Brazilian restaurant for a drink.  On the way back, we walked through Times Square for the night light and we were home by 11:30PM.  I once again registered 9000 steps.

Type A personality is common among CFS patients, they say. I am no exception.  I feel bad if I stay home all day. I have to get out at least every other day, or I feel terribly dismal. That's why I took chance and kept walking even when I was the sickest back in 2008 and 2009 despite I was keep getting post-exertional sickness. At least till I got completely bedridden in 2009 after the overly-ambitious climb up Coit Tower. I'm not getting sick as often these days only because my tolerance went up, not because I'm more disciplined. And it's easier to be disciplined when you have some room to breathe.




No comments:

Post a Comment