Friday, June 11, 2021

Monkey Rock Hiking Aftermath

It's the same pattern: crap out, bounce back and then gradual descent. And that bounce back always gives you a false hope that this time it may be different. Never such luck. The struggle was a bit milder and shorter than the aftermath of Mt Shasta and Castle Crags hiking: it's roughly proportional to the difference in the difficulty between the two trips.

I'll have to rethink the hobodom plan. The 4 day trip to Reno was a rather mild one and I spent most of time in the luxury of hotel. If that puts me under the weather for a week, what would prolonged living in a tent do? For now though, I'll chalk it up to the steep 200 feet climb at the end of the trail . The hiking was only 2.6 miles and 400 feet elevation, but that climb took a lot out of me. If it weren't for the climb, it could've been a standard 3 day recovery.

I'll proceed with the plan for the South Yuba River next week. I'll lounge around at the camp most of time, and do a few short hikes down to the river. If a week of that puts me under the weather again, I may have to abort the plan for the hobodom.

No comments:

Post a Comment