Thursday, June 23, 2022

Blue Heart Spring and Boise River

Blue heart Spring was a small cove behind wooded peninsula and murky water. The entry to it is unremarkable and easy to miss. I was looking for a fork thinking that it was at the inlet of the box canyon. There was no canyon and the cove was behind a overgrown peninsula. I paddled a few hundred yards past it and then came back when there was nothing ahead.



I stopped at Ritter Island on the way to Boise hoping to hike to one of the thousand springs falls. There was a fall alright, but it was only a few hundred yards from the parking lot. I took a few pictures, spent some time at the spring fed Creek and then left for Boise. 

The 100 miles to Boise felt like an eternity and I could barely keep my eyes open. I plugged car in and then climbed into the back of the car when I got there. I did the planning for the Boise River and Stanley, and took a short nap. Then I grabbed food from Panda Express -- the same Panda Express we grabbed lunch from when we we here in 2019 -- and I was off to Boise River.

I swore that I wouldn't do dirt roads. Yet, here I was again on another long dirt road. This one was about the same as the one through Colob Terrace from Lava Point to Cedar City. About the same length as well to Atlanta. But I'm not going there. I may not have enough left in the tank to make it there and then turn around to get to Stanley. I'll split about 15 miles before Atlanta and head north to Stanley. Which means I'll be missing Chattanooga Hot springs. But there will be other hot springs along the way. Not the end of the world.

Boise river is quite a spectacle. Who knew Boise, which is missing Snake River, has even better one? I'm parked by it at Willow Creek Campground with a spectacular view of the river. But it is interested with mosquitos. I was having what I picked up at Panda Express, but I had to move back into car. I brushed my teeth and climbed into the back as soon as I was done. So much for enjoying the river.



The road to US-20 to Stanley may also be unpaved. I'll be driving on dirt road for 60 miles, if it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment