Monday, May 29, 2017

Bayside

I'm not feeling too bad despite second 10,000+ days in 3. I'm definitely improved. Will the gain disappear when I settle in, like the gain in the last summer has? I will have to wait and see.That is at least 3 months away for now. And my task, for now, is to avoid post-exertional sickness.

We took QM5 bus to Bayside this morning. It conveniently departed right in front of the building, and dropped us just a block from our destination restaurant 55 minutes away. How lucky is that? The express bus fare was $6.25 and didn't take our monthly pass. The bus driver who just woke up from napping didn't stop us when we used our pass. The driver on the way back did, but we didn't have $6.25 in coins and he let us ride for free. If I knew, I would've taken my car instead. Anyway, it became a free trip for us. How lucky is that?

You take bus, and you realize how big Queens is, spanning multitude of neighborhood. Forest Hills, Fresh Meadows, Bayside. And others along Union Tpike are all working class neighborhoods with working class stores lining main streets. I'm sure housing is much cheaper there too. The drawback is the train services end well before Bayside and you have to rely on less reliable bus services to connect to Manhattan in large swaths of eastern Queens.

I'm finishing today with less than 4,000 steps. A well deserved respite.


No comments:

Post a Comment