Sunday, May 7, 2017

Fancy Gap, Day 3

Aunt Bea apparently is not a good cook. The menu was a basic American affair that you would see in a high school cafeteria. The choice in the town of Galax was either that or Applebee's. I wanted to try a local -- Aunt Bea's is a southern chain whereas Applebee's are everywhere -- and that is what we got.  I ordered a fried chicken plate and the server asked if I wanted teah just like others. I was flummoxed for a second before replying "oh, you mean tea". It's been a while since I dealt with the southern accent.

It's the third day in Fancy Gap and the post-exertional sickness continued. My sister and her husband has to go back to their Raleigh home for a couple days and they came back around noon. But the power was out so we decided to go out for lunch. And lunch is all I did.  I was planning to take rest at my sister's for a week anyway, so nothing is lost. I just didn't plan on getting sickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment