Saturday, May 6, 2017

Fancy Gap, VA

We romped around the creek on my sister's property for 15 minutes or so and now I'm paying the price for the second day. Not sure if it is the romping or the accumulation of one month getting unleashed though. I did something similar at Desert View in Grand Canyon and I recovered after one day of rest. It probably was shorter than 10 minutes though. I should've rested after arriving here, but they wanted to show off their property and I went along. It would've been a good opportunity to find out if a crash naturally follows after returning home after a trip.

The Sims own a few properties here. The one that we romped on is loaned out to an Angus farmer named JD. The cows, protected by two donkeys, substitutes for dangerous bulls I suppose, happily go about grazing and suckling their calves and rushing to lick salt off trucks. At least till humans come for them. It's like a deal with the devil. Except that cows are not a party to the deal.


We arrived here on Wednesday. We followed the Blue Ridge park way till Blowing Rock. Then I got tired of 45 mph on twisty road and decided to take a shorter route. And shorter route it wasn't. The road to Twin Oaks was even twistier, without the scenery. It would've taken about the same amount of time to get to here if I took the Blue Ridge all the way. Old Historic Inn and Restaurant in  Blowing Rock was pleasant though. We hooked up the car to a Tesla charger and rested for an hour while munching the chips and salsa looking down on the mountains. We could've made without the charging stop, but a rest is always good.



We'll stay here for a couple more days and recuperate. Then we'll head north to DC, Philadelphia, and finally NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment