Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Yeah, Williamsburg was just what I expected. It's a hip place full of hip young people and a few hip old people sprinkled among them. It is not unlike Polk Gulch or Union Street in SF. You have to be a hipster to pay $3000/mo to live in Williamsburg when you can pay half to live in Queens. I wish I had that choice in SF; there is no equivalent of Queens in the Bay Area. Certainly not in terms of the character and the price.

We took L train Williamsburg from 14th Street. It's only a 3 stops away, so I can see it is convenient for the hip Lower East Siders. We explored a few blocks around the station, had lunch at Dziupla, a polish restaurant. I ordered Goulash, forgetting that I don't care much for it. It's been a while.  White Borscht and Cheese Pierogies were delicious though. Three course meal for $13 certainly was filling, so no complain.

Anyway, enough with the neighborhood exploration. We'll be settling in the Lower East Side for now. Then we'll continue our journey in August.




No comments:

Post a Comment