Saturday, May 27, 2017

Upper West Side

The deal on the studio in Union Square didn't work out. The girl, like a typical Korean female, was overly possessive of her apartment and belongings. You can't house-sit for such people. Not when you are paying $3000 for the privilege.

So we went out again. (To tell the truth, I've been continuing the search since the deal was shaky with an intention to ditch it if I find a suitable substitute). After checking out a share arrangement at 49th and 9th ave, we went up to 112th Ave right below Columbia university. It turned out that the unit was owned by the university and the student occupants are going away for the summer. And one of the occupants were subletting, with permission of the University. It was a rather large 2ba/2br apartment with open view out the window on the 10th floor. To boot, it was a kick-ass neighborhood. It is a college town and with lots of shops and restaurants on Broadway. A high class version of the UT Austin's streets, if you will. I was ready to sign it up at the spot -- I was too exhausted to continue the search, after all -- and signing up I did.  It was a steal at $2500/mo. We'll move in on 5/31 and stay for 2 mo at least. And the real NYC experience will begin.

With all these hassle, I again registered 12,500 steps. Today  I'm staying in for real. I was getting close to a crash from the accumulation, and a full rest will do some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment