Monday, July 25, 2022

Minneapolis to Milwaukee

There is nothing much to say about The Twin Cities other than they were nice Midwest cities. It's hard to distinguish Minneapolis from, say, Columbus or Indianapolis: they are all nice Midwest cities without much character to tell them apart. I first spent time photographing downtown Minneapolis dominated by Target headquarters before checking out Mill City neighborhood and UMN campus. Then I went to St. Paul via Minnehana Park. I surveyed the Mississippi River there and then crossed it to get to St. Paul Cathedral. I was off to Milwaukee via Madison then.


It was same I-90 that we drove in the West-bound direction in 2017 to get to Madison from Chicago. I remember the sun-lit storm clouds over it as we drove on it near Rochester. This time I was driving in the opposite direction from Minneapolis on I-94 and then I-90 to Madison. It didn't look familiar -- it never does when you are moving in the opposite direction -- and I didn't realize I was on it till I got closer to Madison. 

I stopped at the Tesla charging station off I-90. It didn't look familiar either -- I must have charged the car at a different station in Madison the last time. After charging, I went across the street to Global Market for food. It was well past 7PM then.

I was in a different side of the town than the last time I was here in 2017, and I didn't revisit where we were the last time. The outcome was that it was a different version of Madison. Without retracing the route of the previous visit, they remained disjointed in my memory.

I drove to Oak Creek, the southern end of Milwaukee, plugged in the car and slept at the Tesla station there.

No comments:

Post a Comment